Having been in Early Access for almost 2 years after being the first standalone Battle Royale game, today, Daybreak Games has finally released H1Z1 as a full game on Steam! In addition to revamped HUD, features and fixes, a new mode called Auto Royale has been released in beta form.
“In 2016, we did something unheard of – we split a successful game into two products and introduced the world to the first standalone battle royale game. The next year, we created the first battle royale esports league and became the second esport to ever air on broadcast television. This year, we continue to push this young genre forward with the introduction of Auto Royale,” said H1Z1 General Manager Anthony Castoro. “Auto Royale doesn’t rinse and repeat what is currently available on the market; it turns the genre on its head with a fresh approach – arcadey, vehicle-only battle royale unlike anything anyone has experienced before.”
Auto Royale enhances the mayhem that Battle Royal games offer by placing players into vehicles, up to 30 teams of 4, and working together as a team to drive around, shoot, ram and blow up your opponent’s vehicle for the prize of last vehicle standing! Along the way you can pick up weapons, land mines, powerups and utilize ramps to gain an edge on your opponents.
Inspired by H1Z1’s fast-paced vehicle play, the new game mode – Auto Royale – features up to 30 teams of four in a battle to be the last vehicle standing. Teams speed around the massive map looking for power-ups, weapons, ammo, fuel and health as they try to outshoot, outdrive and outlast the competition. The mode introduces two new vehicles to H1Z1, a sedan and an armored recon vehicle (ARV), as well as a variety of features to cause vehicular havoc, including ramps, landmines, oil slicks, turbo boosts, vehicle jumps, corrosive smoke and much more.AUTO ROYALE GAME MODE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Two New Vehicles: Players can choose from two vehicles in Auto Royale – sedan or ARV – both new to the game and only available in Auto Royale.
- Sedan: Nimble car with faster acceleration and higher jump clearance, allowing skilled drivers to quickly evade enemies.
- Armored Recon Vehicle (ARV): Offers more stability, making it easier to drive for new players, but has less turbo fuel efficiency.
- New Weapons: The light machine gun (LMG), available only in Auto Royale, deals the most sustained damage of any gun in the game.
- New Power Ups: Players pick up evasive, defensive and combat drops to throw opponents off their trail, heal themselves, or deal damage to enemy vehicles.
- Drops include vehicle repair kits, environmental buffs, fire extinguishers, and vehicle armor.
- Power ups include smoke screens, high-octane fuel, turbo boosts, and oil slicks.
- Pick-ups include landmines and corrosive smoke.
Auto Royale is currently in beta and will continue to develop with feedback from the community. Along with the new vehicular battle royale game mode, H1Z1 launches with a plethora of new features designed to enhance the game’s competitive nature and fast-paced combat.ADDITIONAL H1Z1 LAUNCH FEATURES:
- Tactical Deployment: Players can choose which area to parachute into at the start of a match using a heat map that shows locations of where other players spawn.
- Airdrop Revamp: The airdrop system has been refined to add more points of contention, increasing the drop frequency and item value.
- Season 1: The first official in-game season for H1Z1 starts with an all-new scoring algorithm designed to reward consistency and aggression, not just a player’s 10 best placements.
- Mini-map: Players now have the option to turn on a mini-map to help them navigate the world.
- Founder’s Item: All players who bought H1Z1 during early access will receive a special in-game shirt.
- And More!
H1Z1 evolved tremendously during early access thanks to continued feedback from the community, leading to overhauls to the combat and vehicle systems, the addition of skirmishes and airdrops, changes to the toxicity system and more. The game will continue to escalate its solo and team-based last-person-standing thrills with new updates after release, including Z1 Remastered, a revamped version of the fan-favorite map from H1Z1’s early days. Daybreak is committed to further growing H1Z1’s competitive scene with support for structured organized play, tournaments and the H1Z1 Pro League.MORE INFO
- Developer Letter:https://www.h1z1.com/news/producers-letter-launch-february-2018
- Launch Update Notes:https://www.h1z1.com/news/game-update-february-28
- What Is Auto Royale Video:https://youtu.be/4CwsLpoAb-E